Did you mean: 

Using o2 pay and go sim in new zealand

Speck
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there.

I'm currently on pay and go with o2 as are both my children.I have the £15 bundle and my kids have the £10 and £20 bundles.will these work in new zealand?do I need to do any thing before I travel.any help appreciated 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Speck 

No, bundles only work in UK, hence the need for extra credit, but if kids are using data on car journeys it's gonna cost you more than the holiday.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Speck 

You'll need lots of extra credit https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad

You'll be better off with local sims for data and use WhatsApp to call anywhere to other WhatsApp users.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Speck
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou fro reply.I'm staying with family so will be using their WiFi.will the bundle work over there do you know.Its mainly for kids sitting in car journeys will the data from the bundle work?I'm so.confused lol.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Speck 

No, bundles only work in UK, hence the need for extra credit, but if kids are using data on car journeys it's gonna cost you more than the holiday.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Speck
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou so much for your help

I've been speaking with 02 customer care and first person said bundle would work abroad and second said it wouldn't.so I'm gonna go with you and take it as it won't.thanks

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Speck 

Customer services live in a parallel universe these days, unfortunately.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6