Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ushining U181 phone

veggieman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just bought a cheapo Ushining U181 phone to use on a PAYG basis occasionally.

I have had various phones for years and this has to be the most difficult one that I have ever had in terms of knowing how to use it.

I topped up for £10 with O2 and the phone bleeped to say that I had 6 messages. Whatever buttons I press, I can't seem to actually get to read those messages. 

Is there anyone out there who has discovered how to use this phone who could give me advice?

I have to add that I am an old git, am well into my 70s and I am just about clinging on when it comes to technology but this phone's level of technology seems to be somewhat archaic so I don't understand why I can't seem to tame it just to do the basics.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@veggieman 

Manual here https://usermanual.wiki/Uniphone-Communication/U181

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

veggieman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for that.

I found that but it doesn't actually state which button to press to read the messages that I have received. The only messages I will have got will be from O2 as I have only just topped it up from zero as it is a new phone. My problem is as basic as that. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@veggieman 

The top left key is menu.

Press this then use the central navigation button to scroll to messaging and then inbox.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4