Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted new number with new phone

TheJudge
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just bought a new phone and O2 have also sent a new SIM with a different number on it. My current number is PAYG, but the new one is under a Rolling Plan.

(I didn't want a Rolling Plan, but the website made me select something when I was placing the order otherwise it wouldn't let me proceed).

Would I still be OK in simply moving the SIM for my existing number from my old phone to the new one and carrying on using that number under PAYG?

If it will be OK, what happens to the new number? The card with it says that I have to register it by 06/09/23. If I don't (and I don't intend to), will that number simply be withdrawn? Will it be safe for me to go into My O2 and cancel that one now?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145014 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@TheJudge 

You need to call 4445 and talk to customer services.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145014 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@TheJudge 

You need to call 4445 and talk to customer services.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2