Did you mean: 

Top up

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Hi
Is it possible to cancel a top up for a full refund please?
If yes then how?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you haven't used any of it you can ask customer service to refund it but it will cancel the sim completely http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @b4u2

Not usually. You could ring customer services on 4445 but I'm sure they will say no

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you haven't used any of it you can ask customer service to refund it but it will cancel the sim completely http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

As previously posted by @Marjo 

If a customer no longer wishes to stay with O2 and they have remaining credit left on their account, the credit can be refunded in the form of a cheque. The customer would need to call the pre pay team to request this.

Q: At what point does the customer have to call to request the refund?

A: The PAYG team confirmed that the refund can only be processed on an active account. As soon as the refund is processed the account is disconnected and the number can’t be ported out to a different network.

If the customer would like to leave O2 and keep the number they would need to use all their remaining credit before porting out.

When the customer calls to get a PAC Code they are advised that if they don’t use the remaining credit before the number transfer, it will be lost as O2 can't issue a refund on disconnected pre-pay account.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @b4u2, I hope @Cleoriff's and @MI5's replies above answered your question, but if you're after any other info please do let us know smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5