Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top up wasted

Ranbeer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wanted to recharge my tarrif for which I added 15£ to my o2 balance not only it didn’t start the tarrif automatically as it does always but it also used 2£ worth of data with notification. And when I opened the app again to start a new tarrif plan I couldn’t use the o2 balance in my account and had to pay again. What am I supposed to do with my o2 balance now. I either want a refund to my account or I should be able to use the o2 balance to charge my next payment and not through my card. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36133 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Tariff balance will remain, and be used for further top ups or out of tariff call charges 

Also if you register for O2 rewards, you will get £1 back for every month you top up with £10, which adds up and can be used towards your balance, @Ranbeer. You won't get the difference refunded, though - it is something O2 do not do.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36133 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Tariff balance will remain, and be used for further top ups or out of tariff call charges 

Also if you register for O2 rewards, you will get £1 back for every month you top up with £10, which adds up and can be used towards your balance, @Ranbeer. You won't get the difference refunded, though - it is something O2 do not do.

Message 2 of 4

PippinN
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So annoying I’m already struggling now it’s worse and no data urgh 🙄

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5904 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@PippinN 

I think that the answer for you might be to switch to a Big Bundle :-

Big Bundles: Eveything you need to know – Help and Support | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

These renew using the credit in your PAYG "account" rather than using your continuous payment authority. Hence, I think that a Big Bundle would utilise the balance of funds that you have accidentally accrued onto your "account".   

Message 4 of 4