Did you mean: 

Top up from abroad not woking

VertexX
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I'm trying to to up my Pay&Go from abroad.

I have tried MyO2 web / MyO2 app top up, but it's asking for a credit card linked to a UK billing address. My credit card is from the UK, but my billing address is not, since I'm not in the UK at the moment (and reported my current location to the bank, so it's not UK).

Tried via phone:

4444 is not working from abroad. My phone is asking to put +44 in front, otherwise doesn't allow me to dial the number. I have also tried the *111*# code, but phone says "unknown application".

Tried to dial +441753 552 277 and it's instantly terminating the line (calling from O2), and saying "the number you have dialled is currently unavailable" when calling from landline.

Tried to call customer services on +447860 980 202, but the line is always busy (be-be-beeps) and terminating.

I have spent over an hour so far on a simple act, like topping up. Any other options?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@VertexX 

All info on topping up is here. Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

If you scroll down you will see how to do it abroad. If still having issues then this site is helpful...

https://www.mobiletopup.co.uk/o2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

VertexX
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

As I said above, I have tried all the options of the first link. So it doesn't help at all. Unless you can tell why it is not working. Why the phone numbers not working? Why the *111*# code not working? Why customer services is unreachable? Shame on O2.

Thanks for the second link, will try that if there is no other option. However, I would avoid to pay £1.49 service fee, if possible. And as I can see, with this option you also have to call 4444, after you have received the code. Calling 4444 doesn't work from abroad.

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@VertexX 

I'm sorry it's not working for you. Having been PAYG for years and visiting Spain frequently, every method has worked for me.

They may be some issue with the network or phone. Your only other option is to call O2 on any of the numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

8am is the best time to call

Just to add, I'm not sure where you are abroad but many of the local mobile phone shops are able to add top ups to your phone (if they carry the O2 Logo)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4