Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical problems help

daryl111111
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Firstly a call to the 4445 balance number says I have 20gb data and 50 minutes talk time. I am currently in Malaysia and cannot get mobile data or make calls. Data worked well yesterday in France but was only able to make a 5 minute call to a hotel fixed line before it said my credit has run out. I'd there a PDF or list I can use that lists the carriers that support o2, my phone likes to pick the strongest unsupported signal. I have received the welcome to Malaysia text message but I was desperately trying to get mobile data and couldn't so now I don't know which network I received the text from it was delayed and it doesn't say the network only prices.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6674 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

You can't use your inclusive data outside the EU.

As there are no Travel Bolt Ons for Malaysia standard rates apply which would be costly

https://www.o2.co.uk/international

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

daryl111111
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Edit. Attempts to use the app to contact o2 fails as it refers me to download the already downloaded app but with the message ' app not supported in your country'

Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6674 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

You can't use your inclusive data outside the EU.

As there are no Travel Bolt Ons for Malaysia standard rates apply which would be costly

https://www.o2.co.uk/international

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

daryl111111
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Why does this website keep asking me to 'sign in' when I try and post despite it saying I'm signed in.

Message 4 of 7

daryl111111
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

OK thanks salesperson at 02 said it would work in Malaysia. 

Message 5 of 7

daryl111111
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Salesperson at Croydon o2 said it would work. He showed me the impressive list which included Malaysia

Message 6 of 7

daryl111111
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, I have my Australian sim card as an emergency backup. I have a PDF list that I use to connect to the supported network and although expensive i haven't found a country it doesn't work in. This o2 sim turns out to be a flop, I wasn't even able to send a text message while in the UK. I guess there is a reason airports have all those "buy local sim card" stalls.

Message 7 of 7