Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff

Mango67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have run out of data and need to top up data now if I change my tariff now will it go on straight away or do I have to wait until the end of month when my next lot of GB is due? or should i add bolt on til then? thank you 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hi @Mango67 

PAYG Big Bundles renew on the same date each month that you first topped-up.

In your case, as you have run out of data before the renewal date, the best option is to top-up early and add a suitable Bolt Ons by visiting My O2 and clicking My tariff and Bolt Ons.

Bear in mind you will still need at least £10 credit in your PAYG balance for your bundle to renew on its renewal date - so add this on to the top-up before you add the bolt-on, if you can!

One of the bolt-ons below for PAYG from the list here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/bolt-ons might do, so top up £15, get the 1-month bolt-on, and still have £10 left for your normal renewal:

Snack 500MB Data:

• £5 one off payment for 500MB of UK data to use within 31 days.
  • To get the Snack 500MB Data Bolt On, go to My O2, or call 2202 from your O2 phone or text SNACK500 to 21300, for free.

If you need to increase your data every month, you can send the SMS for the upgrade you want before your next renewal, and make sure you have enough balance on your account to cover the increased tariff at renewal time. Info on Bundle Types/sizes and SMS codes here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hi @Mango67 

PAYG Big Bundles renew on the same date each month that you first topped-up.

In your case, as you have run out of data before the renewal date, the best option is to top-up early and add a suitable Bolt Ons by visiting My O2 and clicking My tariff and Bolt Ons.

Bear in mind you will still need at least £10 credit in your PAYG balance for your bundle to renew on its renewal date - so add this on to the top-up before you add the bolt-on, if you can!

One of the bolt-ons below for PAYG from the list here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/bolt-ons might do, so top up £15, get the 1-month bolt-on, and still have £10 left for your normal renewal:

Snack 500MB Data:

• £5 one off payment for 500MB of UK data to use within 31 days.
  • To get the Snack 500MB Data Bolt On, go to My O2, or call 2202 from your O2 phone or text SNACK500 to 21300, for free.

If you need to increase your data every month, you can send the SMS for the upgrade you want before your next renewal, and make sure you have enough balance on your account to cover the increased tariff at renewal time. Info on Bundle Types/sizes and SMS codes here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Mango67 

As you’ve posted in pay monthly I’ll answer as such. 
A tariff change won’t happen until your bill date but if you are able to upgrade your tariff, it will change within 24 hours. 
If not, you’ll need to add a bolt on to see you through. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Mango67
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you this is really helpful just going to add a bolt on 😊

Message 4 of 5

Mango67
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ill add a bolt on until my next official tariff date which I have now done so I have plenty of data. I am now using Waze for my new work and its using alot of data now. Thank you for your help 🙂

Message 5 of 5