Tariff usage

DoogyDawg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.

I'm on Simply Pay As You Go.

I have had a message to say I have no credit left.

I have no bolt on's.

My phone is basically for my daughters to message me if they are going to be late from school etc.

I use my phone to message them back if I'm sat in the car (never a call) once in a blue moon. So after topping up £10 I may not use the phone to do anything at all for possibly two to three months.

I also never use it at home even though it's connected to our wifi.

My credit seems to fly off even though I'm not using it but its just turned on at 8.00am off at 9.30am then back on at 2.00pm until 3.00pm 5 days a week...and thats all .

My daughters have been right through my phone and everything is turned off that can be turned off.

If I top up £10 when my credit is zero, will I lose that if I don't use the phone but just keep it turned on for just as the above.

Thanks for any replies.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DoogyDawg Your screenshot is a bit odd to be honest, it states you are on the simple tariff but also states you need top up to get your monthly allowances.

The simple PAYG is no longer available to new customers and it looks like you are no longer on it either as you have credit, but not enough credit to buy a bundle.

Any new bundle will last only 30 days, but you will get unlimited calls and texts plus data.

So yes, you need to spend at least £10 per month.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DoogyDawg Hi, I'm not sure what tariff you have been on in the past but the current PAYG Tariffs are inclusive packages that last for 30 days, so If you are on the £10 bundle you will pay £10 every month.

Message 2 of 10

DoogyDawg
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The phone was originally my daughters but was given to me around 8 years ago which was already on a pay as you go tariff. So unless I have been moved to a new one since then I'm not sure.

Message 3 of 10

DoogyDawg
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

These are screen captures from my account.Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 18.59.42.pngScreenshot 2021-10-25 at 18.59.55.png

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DoogyDawg The latest £10 tariff will give you unlimited texts/mins and 7GB Data, lasts a month - So will cost you £10 per month. 

Your current balance is £8.40 but you need at least £10 to activate a bundle. Click change tariff and choose a bundle and top up to the correct amount. 

Message 5 of 10

DoogyDawg
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah, So If I follow correctly if my credit runs out as In a message I get which says I need to top up, If I only top up £10 'without' changing to any bundles, that £10 will only last 30days which will then take it back to needing to top back up again.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DoogyDawg Your screenshot is a bit odd to be honest, it states you are on the simple tariff but also states you need top up to get your monthly allowances.

The simple PAYG is no longer available to new customers and it looks like you are no longer on it either as you have credit, but not enough credit to buy a bundle.

Any new bundle will last only 30 days, but you will get unlimited calls and texts plus data.

So yes, you need to spend at least £10 per month.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

It's a very old legacy tariff @DoogyDawg 

You can use the credit at the standard rates which will be shown in your MyO2 or top up monthly to get the allowances as shown.

This is a very poor value tariff compared to today's offers.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

DoogyDawg
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for that. 👍

Message 9 of 10

DoogyDawg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I will change it to something else.

I will have to have a look. 

Thanks for the replies.

Message 10 of 10