Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam texts daily

Kim39
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Every day from 6:30am and night until about 11pm (when I'm asleep) and through the day, I'm receiving text messages about receiving a new voicemail. I don't even have voicemail on my phone. I report it as spam, but they just use a different number!!! Fed up of it..
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Kim39 

As inconvenient as it may be, changing your number would fix it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Kim39 

As inconvenient as it may be, changing your number would fix it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Kim39

Im afraid there is very little you can do about it, as these people just import excel files with a range of numbers into automated apps, and then spam people.

Best thing to do is to keep reporting them to 7726 as you are doing, and I know o2 (and other mobile networks) are actively trying to get these things shutdown and the criminals taken to court etc.

Your other option is to change your mobile number...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

Kim39
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, that was what I thinking... Changing my number. Thanks for help
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Best of luck

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Projectionist
Level 12: Nimble
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I had this problem too...

If you have an Android phone, install the "Messages" app from google (instead of "Messaging") and use it as your default messaging app.

There is a "spam and blocked" setting in it, and almost all of those annoying "you have received a new voicemail" texts will go straight there instead of to your inbox. You can also turn off the notifications for the spam folder, so you that you won't be disturbed by them. It has picked up all of mine for the last few weeks - result wink

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 6 of 6