Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim free swap wrong adress

Sandra898
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I m customer pay as you go , I need to swap my sim card, I did this online but there wasn't home address to choose,  and I dont remember if I registered my online account I put there some address,  if yes i worry there is my old address,  please what l can do I would like to change my order adress 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

It seems O2 don't insist on your home address being current in their records if you are a PAYG customer, @Sandra898.

If you need a replacement PAYG SIM card, these can be picked up quite easily for free from O2 via Royal Mail: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go#simtype=bigbundles

1000017844.png

Message 2 of 9

Sandra898
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi but if will order the new sim card I will have the same phone number? Important for me keep my number 

Message 3 of 9

pgn
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

You can swap your number from old SIM to the new one, @Sandra898 

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

The new number will be deactivated.

If on new 360 MyO2, can be done online from the web view:

https://accounts.o2.co.uk/signin

1000017859.png

1000017858.png

1000017857.png

The Replace SIM lets you order a new SIM, and also for those who need it, to report old SIM as lost or stolen (not in your case though).

Good luck, @Sandra898.

Message 4 of 9

Sandra898
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But on my o2 account online I cant see the same pages what you sent me the screenshots, maybe not because I m customer pay as you go 

Message 5 of 9

pgn
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Sandra898 wrote:

But on my o2 account online I cant see the same pages what you sent me the screenshots, maybe not because I m customer pay as you go 

That could be, @Sandra898 - also MyO2 upgrade has had some issues, affecting many O2 customers, sadly.

You have several other options:

1. Take photo id and go into an O2 shop.

2. Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

3. Reach out to O2's Social Media Team using any one of the three ways in the link just below - and nudge them repeatedly until you get an available agent to help you, can take 2 or 3 days, but they do come back to you.

Good luck, @Sandra898 

Message 6 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Sandra898 

Just to add to @pgn's comments, I am on PAYG and I did a SIM-swap in an O2 retail store about four months ago. It was a very smooth operation, the new SIM was up and running with my "old" number thereon by the time that I left the store and the member of staff that dealt with me even put the SIM into my handset !

I cannot guarantee that every O2 retail store will be as helpful, but if you want to try :-

Store locator | O2 UK | Find Your Nearest O2 Store

https://stores.o2.co.uk/

Message 7 of 9

Sandra898
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please I need help , I did swap my sim card in my online o2 account and I ordered new sim but now I don't have connection as they blocked me , what I have to to now? Because I still don't have my new sim card

Message 8 of 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

O2s silly systems will have disconnected your old SIM pending the new SIM arriving.

Nothing you can do unfortunately but wait for the new SIM to arrive 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 9