Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Switch Not Working

LadyB
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have tried countless times, spent hours on hold only to be cut off, had numerous conversations about new sim with old number. New sim was meant to come with the old number already configured, it wasn't. Been told that the problem is at our end; been told that sim switch isn't working; been told to wait 48 hours for the process to go through plus all the other "fixes" you have to go through. Nothing working. Staff drafted in from other departments don't know how PAYG system works. How O2 have managed to survive I don't know because whoever is running it doesn't seem to have a clue. Poor guys on front line get to deal with all the unhappy customers.  Husband says to just switch to EE as he thinks they are great.  Muggins wants to be loyal but they are sorely testing my patience.  Day 3 and sim still not provisioned for voice.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LadyB
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well, turns out the sim was defective (probably).  O2 eventually sent a replacement (with £10 credit - thank you O2) and we got it working in about half an hour.  What a palaver.  Still, at least it is working now.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@LadyB 

It's taking ages currently Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

SRV
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @LadyB. As mentioned, many systems are taking longer than usual to process requests such as number ports due to the C-19 situation. This process requires input from your old network as well as O2 so is hard to predict when it will go live. Unfortunately this is likely an issue with all networks at present. You can also try switching your phone off and on again periodically as this can speed up the provisioning of calls once the number port has gone through. 

For any further assistance I would point you to customer services, but at this point they will likely tell you to wait again. Hope this helps and is resolved for you soon.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Message 3 of 7

LadyB
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sadly it is an O2 number, just a new sim for a lost phone so all in-house. The call centre guys are given duff info on how long it is going to take which they pass on to us, leading to very unhappy customers.  They need to tell the truth and manage expectations properly.  If people were working in the correct areas actually fixing the issues it would save an enormous amount of call handler work, lines being clogged up with repeat calls chasing a resolution, etc.  Hey ho.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We'll tell you like it is here - expect it to take weeks......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

LadyB
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well, turns out the sim was defective (probably).  O2 eventually sent a replacement (with £10 credit - thank you O2) and we got it working in about half an hour.  What a palaver.  Still, at least it is working now.

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions