Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM balance for old SIM fitted to an electric gate

ANameNoOneHas
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an electric gate with an old O2 SIM in it. All works fine, but I want to check the balance on the SIM. It's not in a phone, so I can't key *#10# or dial 4444. I can't add it to My O2, as a text is sent to the SIM with a code, which I can't access. I can't put the SIM in a phone to read it, because it's an old full-sized SIM which doesn't fit any phone I've got. I've held on the customer service phone line forever, but never got through.

Any ideas?? On Vodafone, you can just ring a number, enter in your PAYG number and it gives you balance, no problem. I can't believe it's this difficult to do something so fundamental.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36055 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions

Keep kicking O2 for this, @ANameNoOneHas - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/Remote-sim-in-electric-gates/m-p/1519833/highlight/true#...

You can reach out to O2 social media team using links in the page just below this post, they should be able to tell you, @ANameNoOneHas 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36055 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions

Keep kicking O2 for this, @ANameNoOneHas - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/Remote-sim-in-electric-gates/m-p/1519833/highlight/true#...

You can reach out to O2 social media team using links in the page just below this post, they should be able to tell you, @ANameNoOneHas 

Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10203 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@ANameNoOneHas 

The only way is to either call customer services or unfortunately put it in a phone... 

As its PAYG just move to a different network... that offers what you need to be able to do.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3