Did you mean: 

Receiving Text Messages on a Different Device

beaubadger
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I’m currently in Peru and have put my O2 SIM from my iPhone into my iPad (locked to O2) and would like to still receive text messages on my iPad but can’t. I’ve been in touch with O2 webchat twice but they give me numbers that don’t work. One for abroad (beeps a lot) and one for UK which my dad tried for me but says it’s not on the network. My iPad is not registered with O2 and my attempts to do so are met with more problems. I just want to receive text messages through my iPad using my O2 SIM, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Darren.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144671 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@beaubadger 

iPads can't do sms messages.

They will only send and receive iMessages.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144671 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@beaubadger 

iPads can't do sms messages.

They will only send and receive iMessages.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

beaubadger
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn’t know that but now I realise why there are only iMessages in my Messages app. Thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144671 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

Welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4