Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushed into a deal i did not agree to.

RickBradnick
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So this morning i called customer support to say i needed to change my bank card details as i've changed banks. I have a £10.00 rolling plan which is due for renewal next monday, so i wanted to make sure everything goes smoothly. From the outset it was quite clear the the spokesperson wanted to change my plan insisting it would be a better deal. I clearly stated i did not want a change of plan. After being on the phone over an hour and continualy stating i only wanted to amend my card details the guy took the new card details and then went through a script regarding the plan and finished by saying my "new sim" would arrive in a couple of days . He could not or would not say why i needed a new sim. I ended the call and went straight to an O2 shop where a lady went through the motions for me and inputed the new bank card details and assured me that everything was in order and not to worry about the replacement sim . Tonight i receive a text saying my new sim and number have been activated. 

Advice please. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@RickBradnick 

There is nothing anyone on here can do here, but you are going to be best placed to call the sales team tomorrow morning on 0808 002 0202 and speak to them..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

RickBradnick
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know this forum is not support. My conclusion after reading about other peoples experiences with O2 is that they are the worst provider ever. 

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6627 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

I'm starting to get worried about Customer Services trying to push PAYG customers onto Pay Monthly. It's an old Virgin Tactic that is crept in.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@RickBradnick 

In truth, none of the four mobile network operators are particularly good from the Customer Service viewpoint, so to say that O2 are "....the worst provider ever" is stretching it somewhat. But I understand your sentiments fully. 😀

You have been pointed towards the sales' team by @madasaf1sh. If they don't resolve your issue promptly, there is the complaints' route. And you could also consider 'phoning your local Trading Standards, as a members of O2's staff has effectively forced you into a contract without your agreement. 👍      

Message 5 of 5