Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of usage issues

Rid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As a pay to go customer, I have called in multiple times speaking with o2 customers since 19 September 2023 but they keep give one story to another. It has been more than 3 weeks and no one is able to help me and my insurance provider is give me headaches.

regards

Ridwan

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 41

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Rid 

You need to ask for a standard insurance letter, you will also need to persevere with o2 on 0344 809 0222 to provide one to you. 

There is no one who can help on this peer to peer community

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 41

Rid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have already done that, they collected all the necessary details with promise of getting with 3 to 5 working days on three multiple occasions. Recently they promised to get it within 24 hours and still not reach me for more than 3 weeks now. Now they are stating that they in no position to. Sometimes I put on hold for more than 1 hours till the line drop with any response or solving the issue

Message 4 of 41

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Regretfully, as we are all customers here, we can't help further than the advice given

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 41

MI5
  • 144447 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Rid 

You need to request a SAR.

Requesting your personal data from O2 | Help & Support | O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 41

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36015 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Rid 

You need to request a SAR.

Requesting your personal data from O2 | Help & Support | O2

SAR, @MI5?  Surely O2 need to provide POU (Proof Of Usage), usually to the e-mail address on-file for the claimer. Then they bar the phone from any use and add the IMEI to the blacklist.

Something like:

POU.png

Screenshot 2023-10-08 163419.png

@Rid you will need to persist with O2 via the numbers given above, hopefully this advice helps (SAR is a SubjectAccessRequest to request all your personal data from O2, and needs quite a lot of info from you, including proof you own the phone (which is what you are looking for to claim on Insurance, as far as I can tell).

Good luck!

Message 7 of 41

MI5
  • 144447 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

In the absence of help via the channels already tried it's a viable option to gain the info required.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 41

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36015 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

In the absence of help via the channels already tried it's a viable option to gain the info required.

Sounds like an administrative black hole, all for:

• We'll provide the information you’ve asked for within 30 calendar days of receiving your SAR, as long as we can see that you’re entitled to it. If your request is complex, it could take us a further two months to process and depending on its nature, and if your request is excessive you may have to pay  an administrative fee to cover the costs of providing an excessive amount of data. 

As the Proof of Usage letter/notice is something O2 send by e-mail, this can be handled by O2's Social Media team too by messaging them on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , or using Skype ( Guide: A Guide to Skype ) to 0800 902 0217.

Message 9 of 41

MI5
  • 144447 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

All well and good in theory but @Rid still hasn't had a response.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 41