Did you mean: 

Poring in to O2

rivergo1d
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

A silly question but I've not ported for years. I'd like to port from Three to an O2 sim on which I have about £30 of credit.

I know I will lose all my Three credit, but am I right in thinking that I will keep my O2 credit, ie it is attached to my sim (which will take my new ported number) and not just attached to my old O2 number which will be replaced by my ported number?

What about if it turns into a split port (which has happened to me twice and partly why it is a decade since I last ported) - no dange of losing my O2 credit then?

Also, Three have my date of birth wrong, they think I am 14 years old! It is a hassle to contact them to change it (a few hoops to jump through) but I think I need to provide the DOB they think I have, when requesting to port. I am thinking of simply giving the incorrect DOB they have on record. I'm presuming that won't cause any problems further down the line with O2, will it?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

You won't loose your credit on your O2 SIM

As to split ports, it happens but apart from hassle you should retain your number

The DOB has no bearing and the details O2 have on you will remain 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

You won't loose your credit on your O2 SIM

As to split ports, it happens but apart from hassle you should retain your number

The DOB has no bearing and the details O2 have on you will remain 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2