Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor indoor reception recently.

HHGTTG
Level 3: Thinker
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

According to the O2 status checker I have problem in or near my postcode. This has been going on for some time now meaning I now get erratic 4G signal indoors especially. Just how long does it take for engineers to fix the problems with local masts? The checker now says Voice service should now be OK  but 4G indoors is erratic and my phone often show H+ or even E at times. Even is 4G is shown the internet is very sluggish.

Why is mobile networks so troublesome compared with say Terrestrial TV and DAB radio etc. These hardly ever give problems.

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

No need for wifi calling to use WhatsApp over wifi.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@HHGTTG 

It is all down to the Radio Frequency that DAB and Freeview use, which is also boosted by Internal and External Aerials, i.e High Gain Aerials and Powered boosters, and depending on where you live these can be weak as well...  
DAB uses VHF and Freeview uses the lower end of the UHF frequencies

Mobile Phone signals that you receive are not boosted by Internal aerials or powered boosters and are from 850Mhz.. so in the UHF Frequencies.. 

It is all down to the size of the Radio Waves and how they penetrate objects

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 19

HHGTTG
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Screenshot 2023-05-25 150721.png

I have had this information for days now. Does it mean anything and account for my problems. What is the timeline for rectification?

Message 4 of 19

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@HHGTTG 

Yes of course it will effect things for you.

You need to register for updates on that page to get notified of repair progress.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 19

HHGTTG
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Of course I have registered for updates and received texts initially after having done so but have heard nothing since. I have just spoken with O2 TS on 4445 and they have 'refreshed' my SIM and told me to then take it out and replace it etc. I now get 4G for a little while indoors but it soon reverts to H+ and Snail's pace.

Hey ho!

Message 6 of 19

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

It's a pity PAYG don't offer Wifi Calling

Sadly, I see more red on the site checker these days. Mines been that way for the past 2 months

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

If you put in just about any postcode it will be the same these days.

Appalling really in this day and age.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 19

HHGTTG
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Oh dear, that's unsettling information. I di choose some random post codes and indeed they returned the same answer. Also I went to EE's service status checker and the returned the same mast problem as well. 

Message 9 of 19

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Yours will be a shared mast arrangement between O2 and EE. Quite a few about

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 19