Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number change

Millie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I just changed my sim from an international sim to a classic pay as you go sim. This has meant my number has changed but I want to change back to my old number. I called customer services and they disconnected my old international sim so is it still possible to change back to my old number and if so how?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Millie
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello,

I decided to speak to the O2 gurus online who changed my number and transferred my credit to the correct place. However, they kept me on the old international sim charges and it was only when I logged onto my MyO2 account that I saw you could easily change your sim to a classic pay as you go sim from there.

I was quite annoyed that the O2 guru I spoke to in the shop who sold me the new sim did not tell me I could change to the classic sim with a few simple clicks on my account as this would have saved the hassle of transferring numbers and credit which took 2-3 days to sort out in the end. This may have been because he was so determined to sell me a contract but, as only a moderate user of text, calls and data, I did not want to be paying for more than I needed. Once I had denied the contract, the O2 guru no longer seemed interested in my custom and quickly rushed through the rest of the transaction, explaining very little about how to transfer my number and credit.

I was also not impressed with customer services either as, despite repeating back to me exactly what I wanted them to do, they deactivated my old sim which later had to be reactivated, delaying the transfer of the old number to the new sim and they also did not change my number.

However, I found the O2 gurus in the forums and in the personal messages very helpful and I am very happy with the help I received online. My sim tariff is due to change at the beginning of September and hopefully, this will not create any more problems.

Kind regards, 

Millie

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hi @Millie, customer services should have done the transfer for you originally.
Call them back again and ask them to do it.
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Millie, did you get a chance to follow the advice above yet, and is your number change all done?

Please let us know how you get on with this, and Welcome to the forum slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 6

Millie
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello,

I decided to speak to the O2 gurus online who changed my number and transferred my credit to the correct place. However, they kept me on the old international sim charges and it was only when I logged onto my MyO2 account that I saw you could easily change your sim to a classic pay as you go sim from there.

I was quite annoyed that the O2 guru I spoke to in the shop who sold me the new sim did not tell me I could change to the classic sim with a few simple clicks on my account as this would have saved the hassle of transferring numbers and credit which took 2-3 days to sort out in the end. This may have been because he was so determined to sell me a contract but, as only a moderate user of text, calls and data, I did not want to be paying for more than I needed. Once I had denied the contract, the O2 guru no longer seemed interested in my custom and quickly rushed through the rest of the transaction, explaining very little about how to transfer my number and credit.

I was also not impressed with customer services either as, despite repeating back to me exactly what I wanted them to do, they deactivated my old sim which later had to be reactivated, delaying the transfer of the old number to the new sim and they also did not change my number.

However, I found the O2 gurus in the forums and in the personal messages very helpful and I am very happy with the help I received online. My sim tariff is due to change at the beginning of September and hopefully, this will not create any more problems.

Kind regards, 

Millie

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Millie I will tag @EmilieT to the post so she is able to see your responxe...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Millie, I'm glad it's all sorted now, but I'd like to share your feedback with the relevant teams - can you reply to the Private Message I've now sent you, as I need just a couple more details to make sure your comments go to the right place?

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention rose

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6