Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone can’t send pictures

Valerie
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 68 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My grandson has just bought a Samsung galaxy S7 edge and has pay and go on O2 ....but he can’t send and receive picture messages ...any help please ....

Message 1 of 29
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Valerie Data needs to be enabled to send picture messages as MMS. He will use up all his data allowance doing that, so it's not a good idea. It's much cheaper (as in free), to send pictures using the Whatsapp app over WiFi, or email or Facetime if he has an iPhone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Valerie Data needs to be enabled to send picture messages as MMS. He will use up all his data allowance doing that, so it's not a good idea. It's much cheaper (as in free), to send pictures using the Whatsapp app over WiFi, or email or Facetime if he has an iPhone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will also use all his credit by sending mms

Message 3 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Valerie

Check his settings here. The ones for PAYG are in brackets You may need to manually change them.

https://www.teamknowhow.com/discover/discover/o2-apn-settings#Android%20APN%20settings%20for%20O2

If you struggle with it then contact customer services on 202

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 29

Valerie
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 68 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

We all have iPhones, but he wanted a Samsung Galaxy ....it is just on pay and go and will use WiFi if he is at home, or at our house ....I said it was to do with not getting the data settings etc, but you know what teenagers are like .....think they know it all lol .......told him he should have stayed with an iPhone as we send stuff to each other free , but no ....can’t tell them lol ....

thank you ....

Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can all use whatsapp to share pictures and messages and even make calls for free to each other inside your whatsapp family group.(Which can be set to private). 

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/whatsapp-messenger/id310633997?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whatsapp

Message 6 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If he's on a PAYG bundle he won't be able to send MMS regardless of settings unless he has additional credit added to his account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Valerie wrote:

We all have iPhones, but he wanted a Samsung Galaxy ....it is just on pay and go and will use WiFi if he is at home, or at our house ....I said it was to do with not getting the data settings etc, but you know what teenagers are like .....think they know it all lol .......told him he should have stayed with an iPhone as we send stuff to each other free , but no ....can’t tell them lol ....

thank you ....

Hi @Valerie If he really wants to use mms for sending pictures then he will need the correct settings as shown above and mobile data turned on. This will be expensive

However there are cheaper ways of doing it over Wifi by using Messenger and Whatsapp.

The choice is his (or yours if you are the one paying the bill) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

MMS is the telecoms equivalent of the telegram, better all round if it were just quietly withdrawn, it's far far more trouble than its worth. What with all sms/mms/emoji shenanagens the almost complete lack of support, settings issues and pointlessness.

MMS has had it's day O2, let it go quietly into the night.

Message 9 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Wi-Fi is by far the better option. No one is arguing that point. However there may be various occasions when the grandson is out and about with no access to WiFi. So the question was asked about sending MMS. The answer was given to the question

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 29