Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payg

SimonF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just purchased an iPhone SE, my previous phone ran off steam.  I will only use it for the occasional call, the odd text and occasional surf.  So far I have made one call, sent no texts and viewed perhaps three web pages briefly (I understand that one page view is very approximately 1 mb of data). Normally I would have data turned off.  I have just noticed that I have "spent" £2 - it is not that £2 is unaffordable, I just want to understand how I have spent this doing virtually nothing.  Any thoughts much appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144317 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you are on the 321 classic tariff you will see your balance adjusted later after the system has calculated the correct usage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144317 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you are on the 321 classic tariff you will see your balance adjusted later after the system has calculated the correct usage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@SimonFIt's probably due to Web Daily which costs a £1 a day 

Best thing for you is the Classic PAYG tariff and make sure you use Wifi every chance you get

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/classic-pay-as-you-go

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

SimonF
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the posts.  I am on the Classic payg and am hardly using the web.

As an example overnight last night and without me doing anything (i.e. no use of the phone), the balance has gone down a few pence.

It's just irritating - as far as I can see I have everything turned off that would use data.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144317 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Your balance will adjust itself to represent the actual data used.
If you don't believe it to be accurate though you should call 4445 to speak to customer services but I have 2 of these tariffs in the family and they both work the same way. It sorts itself out in the end.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

SimonF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, I'll see how it goes!

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144317 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No worries mate.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7