Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you go in Usa

Pay_as
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently upgraded my pay as you go tariff from the 10 pounds to the 15 pounds contract as I wanted to uze free roamong data in the USA on my one plus 5. Since I have arrived in the USA not only roaming has not worked once (I have tried to change all sorts of settings in the sim area but no success) but o2 has taken 53 pounds from my balance for no reason. I can't send sms, apparently I can't enable 4g calls based on the IMEI number (despite my phone is on the list of the devices that support that) and I can't contact the assistance (of course). I am horrified by what O2 is doing and I will definitely get in touch with relevant authorities on my way back to the UK. I expect a full refund to start with but also an explanation on what is going on.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

First thing. There is no 4G Calling on PAYG which means you may not be able to make calls

Second the £15 PAYG package does not include free data roaming in the USA

Rates are high

Standard rates

Making calls£2/min
Receiving calls£2/min
Sending texts50p/text
Using data£7.20/MB

USA - Roaming with O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

First thing. There is no 4G Calling on PAYG which means you may not be able to make calls

Second the £15 PAYG package does not include free data roaming in the USA

Rates are high

Standard rates

Making calls£2/min
Receiving calls£2/min
Sending texts50p/text
Using data£7.20/MB

USA - Roaming with O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Pay_as Pay & Go while you're in the US will be useless to you. If you download WhatsApp and use it over a WiFi connection, you can call, text, and video call anyone anywhere in the world who also has the app for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3