Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you go Enquiry

LocoMotion555
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Currently on 3 and I have had enough of their poor customer service and due to bad credit struggle to get a sim only with losing my job due to the pandemic! 

Got a pay as you go sim with o2 and used it for a few days with great coverage. Is there any way to turn off the stupid bundle call voice at the start of every call? Its more annoying listening to it and having to wait longer for your call to connect. 

Thanks in advance slight_smile

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@LocoMotion555 

You still get PAYG rewards https://payandgorewards.o2.co.uk/en_GB/web/o2

and of course, O2 Priority https://priority.o2.co.uk/rewards

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@LocoMotion555 

Unfortunately not.

You can ask O2 to turn off the balance notifications that get sent at the end of a call or after sending a text, but not the bundle call notification.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

LocoMotion555
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Meh! That's so frustrating. Don't suppose if theres any 4G Calling\Wifi Calling as noticed my calls now drop to 3G presume its a pay monthly feature but with more and more providers like Three, Smarty, Voxi, Vodafone now doing it on pay as you go - i presume it won't be long before o2 launch this?

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@LocoMotion555 

It is only PAYG on O2 and we wouldn't know if O2 have plans or not, sorry.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

LocoMotion555
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No probs, thanks for the quick response. Was on o2 years ago back when they first launched those o2 Genie sims and I got 300 free texts everytime i topped up £10. Also remember the hook a duck - that was really good - actually won an ipod off them so was really good.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
I never won anything 😞

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

LocoMotion555
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I always won small prizes like free texts, minutes and free voicemail for a few days but yeah i got an iPod nano 8gb! Was buzzing at the time. Do they have any offers like that now, also remember getting money back every couple of months on top ups slight_smile found my old o2 phones ealier - samsung e330 and nokia 6230i - o2 sim card in it doesn't work haha. Not been used in 15 years... can't think why they would cut it off haha!! But the phones do tongue_winking

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@LocoMotion555 

You still get PAYG rewards https://payandgorewards.o2.co.uk/en_GB/web/o2

and of course, O2 Priority https://priority.o2.co.uk/rewards

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

LocoMotion555
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks will have a look slight_smile

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
You're welcome mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10