cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYGO - Requested new NANO SIM (previously had MICRO SIM) for new phone. Not possible to connect

Matt72
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I bought a new phone.

Not realising that you can push out a nano sim from a micro sim, I telephoned 02 and was sent a new sim. The woman said something about a wrong number would initially appear on the one, but then it would be alright, or something like that, I am hard of hearing.

Anyway, I put the new sim in this morning at about 1030, but cannot make calls, and calls to this new phone results in a it's not possible to connect response, yet the mobile data does work.

Does it take a particular amount of time to get my original number and ability to make calls back, or should I do something to get it to work? I have restarted the phone to no avail.

Many thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Matt72 

Just use your old sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Matt72 

Just use your old sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Matt72
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you very much MI5.

That resolved the problem created by o2 tsk!
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You're welcome.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4