Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Replacement SIM

TR4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The SIM inside my phone is damaged and is on the verge of not working anymore. I went to one of the stores to get a replacement SIM card, but I said that I would like to do it myself in my own time, as I am very busy, and found it very easy when I did it for my Grandfather last year. In order to do it myself, there is a number that was given to me to call and start the process. However, this was a year ago when I did it for my Grandfather; I cannot remember that number, and now the person I spoke to had no idea what I was on about. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@TR4 

Guide here Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@TR4 

Guide here Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23196 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@TR4 Doing a sim swap in store is always the fastest method. When I've done it in store I was up and running with my new sim within about 20 minutes. I'm wondering why you thought you could have done it quicker when they would have done the swap for you while you waited?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

TR4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not that I am able to do it quicker, I never said that, but my experience tells me that doing it myself might be better. It just makes it easier for me to do it at home, than having to go out again, and I don't mind waiting a day. I already have a replacement SIM so I thought I could do it like I did before without having to go out just to go to O2 and do it there.

Message 4 of 4