Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Phone will not connect to 4G

A_Brit_Abroad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Its an iPhone 11 max pro - worked overseas fine on 4G on a foreign SIM. It was bought in the UK from an Apple store so its certainly a UK compliant model.

Compared with my wifes model (similar iPhone) and sitting right next to her, hers gets 4G always and mine is stuck on 3G.

Her SIM card might be a bit younger. Could it be that its an old SIM which I have had for about 7 or 8 years ? 

How do I get the Network setting sent again to my phone just in case ?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Sophie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 234 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
It sounds like you have a 3g sim, as 4g started in 2013. If you can, pop into an o2 store and get a sim swap. Hope that helps. slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

O2Sophie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 234 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
It sounds like you have a 3g sim, as 4g started in 2013. If you can, pop into an o2 store and get a sim swap. Hope that helps. slight_smile
signature
Message 2 of 7

A_Brit_Abroad
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks - did that and am still awaiting for the number migration to happen.

Its been about 8 hours now as I did a PAYG to Monthly swap - any insight into how long that takes as I'm more than slightly nervous with having had the same number for 30 years and its not swapped over yet.
Message 3 of 7

O2Sophie
  • 234 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi, @A_Brit_Abroad, If you switch the phone off, the swap can go through quicker. Switch it back on after about 30 mins. Let me know how you get on.

signature
Message 4 of 7

A_Brit_Abroad
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - it went through overnight with the phone off.

I just need to get it onto this O2 email account along with all my other family phones.

Message 5 of 7

O2Sophie
  • 234 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi, @A_Brit_Abroad , Glad to see it went through ok. Do you have a myo2 account registered to you? If so all you have to do is follow the instructions in this link.https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/register-for-my-o2,

If this isn't possible, give 4445 a call from your mobile and you can ask them to assist you. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day. slight_smile

signature
Message 6 of 7

A_Brit_Abroad
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - accounts merged now.

Message 7 of 7