Did you mean: 

O2network not showing on my phone

Sarajo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

My phone is a pay and Go, & i noticed that where it should say what the network is (in this case o2) the only thing that is showing is my main house internet

How do i change it so it is saying 02 There is nothing in the settings except network - where i spotted it picked up my house internet. I pressed  add network & it started asking what the SSID no is & some other no & a password. I no longer have these details or the box it came in becauss ive had the phone for so many years. 

Also i phoned middleton 02&they cant help me unless i go to the store & this is impossible because i am on full time oxygen & attached to an oxygen machine. The call centre isnt in UK. I cant trust them. I say this becaue i watchef a programme where  02 call centres are overseas - india & south africa & they ask for payment for your service r ask about bank details so not to be trusted. 

Can someone please help me with this process

Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Sarajo 

Turn off wifi and if phone works you are connected to O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5741 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Sarajo 

You house internet will show under Wi-Fi. 

In settings, if you toggle on Mobile Data, that will either connect you to O2, or if you have dual SIM 'phone, invite you to choose which of your SIMs to use for Mobile Data. 

Your O2 cellular data will not appear under Wi-Fi.  

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Sarajo wrote:

I pressed  add network & it started asking what the SSID no is & some other no & a password. I no longer have these details or the box it came in becauss ive had the phone for so many years. 

@Sarajo 

That is an option to add another wifi network and is nothing to do with O2 network.

What phone are you using?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Sarajo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone is a samsung xperia. I dont know what type of SIM iv got .Ive got arthritis so cant cope with fiddly stuff particularly taking out & putting back of si cards

I had a look at my phone earlier on in the evening & thankfully it said O2 UK so it mustve been a blip somewhere -maybe a problem on o2 end

cheers my friend

Message 5 of 7

Sarajo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok I think i saw it show O2 UK now so hoping its righted itself  Thanks for your help  -I ll remember the advice  

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5741 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Sarajo 

You are welcome. 😀

Just one point for future reference and in case you need to ask for help again ; you said that your handset is a "samsung xperia". If it is an "Xperia", that's a Sony Xperia ! 👍

Message 7 of 7