Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 won’t port the number I want to keep

666_frustration
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On 29/4/24 I joined o2 from Tesco on pay as you go. I filled out the form to transfer my number from Tesco to o2 and it said will be transferred the next day. On 30/4/24 I rang o2 to find out what’s going on to be told that someone filled the form out wrong their end and to wait another 24 hours after they escalated it. I then tried to call back multiple times on 30/4/24 to speak to a manager to make a complaint! Was put on hold and then call disconnected. On 1/5/24 I rang o2 again asking to speak to a manager to complain as it’s now been 3 days without the number I want to keep! My wife is disabled and I am her main carer and only point of contact from all her medical and support team. Every time I ask to speak to the manager to make a complaint I’m passed to a different departments who then try and get me to swap to sim only contract! I explain I want to stay on pay as you go and want my number transferred as it should have been. Then I’m put on hold and the call disconnects! On 2/5/24 I tried to ring multiple times again (14) again asking to speak to a manger, passed to every so called department to be told Tesco has a block on the number and won’t release it. I spoke to Tesco whom say that my number was disconnected due to o2 using the PAC code! I reported this to ofcom who say that o2 are responsible for sorting this out as the are the  recipient of the incoming number released by Tesco! I explain this to o2 and all I get is this needs to be escalated please wait another 24 hours! This is an absolute joke and appalling behaviour from o2! O2 have left a disabled person vulnerable without communication from medical support! It’s been 4 days and 55 calls later and I’m still without the number I want to keep! 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27822 Solutions

@666_frustration 

Seems like O2 are refusing to port in to PAYG and trying to force customers on to contracts.

Complaints make a complaint 

Customer Complaints Code

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

666_frustration
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have raised a complaint using the customer complaints code and they still haven’t acknowledged it! When I ring o2 and ask for update on my complaint, they say will raise a call back and you never receive them! 

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27822 Solutions

@666_frustration 

It's taking some time to wade through the many complaints they are receiving currently but you can escalate to the Ombudsman with a leeter of deadlock or no response after 8 weeks.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

666_frustration
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If I waited 8 weeks my wife would die! She needs medical support daily and the only contact number is the one o2 won’t port! 

Message 5 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23211 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3691 Solutions

@666_frustration Obviously you can't wait 8 weeks for O2 to resolve this, and there's no guarantee it wouldn't take longer. I'd suggest getting a Pay & Go sim from another network and then contact the relevant agencies who need the number and explain what happened.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27822 Solutions

Nothing we can do for you here @666_frustration sorry.

O2 is a ****** show just lately.

Best advice I can give is to leave and take up a sim with another network.

It may involve a new number but at least you will be contactable.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

666_frustration
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I understand that is an option but when you have multi agency support that could go very wrong! I should be able to keep the number I want! I’ve used PAC codes many times through MVNO’s but as soon as you try with MNO they are not interested only want contracts that they can increase every year! It’s disgusting behaviour! 

Message 8 of 14

666_frustration
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It’s ironic how when your on a mvno hosted by o2 they treat you better than the mno 

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27822 Solutions

VMO2 is too big to care anymore.

I've moved 3 accounts already since the merger..... others will follow.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14