Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 has gave me hell for the past month

Alana_xo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so my mum passed away on 22nd December and I have been in contact with O2 because she has £515.38 credit on her phone as she always topped up £20 a month and never really used her phone, she has been a loyal customer with O2 for 17 years but I have been going back and forward with O2 customer services for a month now because it is a large amount of money, I have been told they will send a cheque which has never arrived I have also been put on hold for hours and hours and then the phone is cut of I just feel like they’re good at taking my mums money but now she’s gone and I have requested the refund they’re not good at giving it back! It was my mums hard earned money it’s not theirs to keep, as if things weren’t already hard enough with the passing of my mum and now having to deal with all this on top of it I’m considering going down a legal route if there is no solution very soon. I was just wondering if there is anybody on here that could help me? I would appreciate it so much

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Alana_xo 

Sorry for your loss.

Try here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Sorry for your loss.

We can't help here as we are all customers with no O2 staff.

If you haven't, can I suggest the bereavement team may be best placed to help

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 19

Alana_xo
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have already spoke with them they said they would be in contact within 48 hours and I have not heard anything back from them. I spent around 3 hours today on and of the phone with people at O2 and every time they ended the call. The last lady I spoke to said she would put me on hold for a few minutes while she “spoke to the manager” she didn’t put me on hold and I took video evidence of the phone call you could hear music blasting, staff members singing and laughing and not once did the lady I was on the phone to go and speak to anybody she was actually singing along to the music. I am going to go into an O2 shop and see if they can help because people at O2 customer services are not helpful at all and if this doesn’t get resolved very soon I will be seeking legal advice but thank you for your advice I appreciate it

Message 4 of 19

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Alana_xo 

The shops cant do anything, so your only option is to persevere with the bereavement team, or go down the complaints route via https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain  and follow the o2 complaints process. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 19

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Alana_xo 

I think that it is highly unlikely that the staff in an O2 retail store will be able to help you. 

Once you feel that you have exhausted all of the other options, a formal complaint will be your next step :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

However, it is currently taking O2 about eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints ; so you need to regard this as a last resort. 

Please keep us informed of developments. 

Message 6 of 19

ThePig
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Disgraceful behaviour from this company. If I were you I'd demand their legal contact and inform them that if you don't receive the money, or a plan for repayment, within 7 days you'll take them to small claims. Of course you could involve a solicitor but that option is never cheap. There's no point talking to generic support, they're clueless and they don't care.

Message 7 of 19

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@ThePig 

I am sure that if @Alana_xo perseveres with O2, maybe via the complaints' procedure, this matter will be resolved. There is no real need to go to the small claims' court which, for many claimants, can be a fairly stressful process.   

O2 aren't deliberately denying @Alana_xo her repayment ; the problems here are down to incompetence rather than malice. 

Message 8 of 19

ThePig
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A legal claim doesn't require malice, and making the threat of legal action is not stressful. Indeed, a small claims if it came to that would be less stressful than spending hours on the phone to these clowns.

Also, this doesn't sound like 'just' incompetence: "I spent around 3 hours today on and of the phone with people at O2 and every time they ended the call... once did the lady I was on the phone to go and speak to anybody she was actually singing along to the music."

Message 9 of 19

Alana_xo
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am going to be phoning them back on Monday morning and if nothing is resolved within a week I will definitely be going to a small claims because it’s been far too stress I am dealing with the loss of my mum and everything else on top of that now O2 won’t even help me like I said I have 2 videos on my phone where they are blasting music, singing and talking in their own language to each other the first video is 4 minutes long, second video is over 10 minutes long, the lady hasn’t realised she didn’t put me on hold then when she did finally realise the phone went quiet for around a few minutes then the phone cut off? I am sick and tired of going back and forward with them and getting no help 

Message 10 of 19