Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 has gave me hell for the past month

Alana_xo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so my mum passed away on 22nd December and I have been in contact with O2 because she has £515.38 credit on her phone as she always topped up £20 a month and never really used her phone, she has been a loyal customer with O2 for 17 years but I have been going back and forward with O2 customer services for a month now because it is a large amount of money, I have been told they will send a cheque which has never arrived I have also been put on hold for hours and hours and then the phone is cut of I just feel like they’re good at taking my mums money but now she’s gone and I have requested the refund they’re not good at giving it back! It was my mums hard earned money it’s not theirs to keep, as if things weren’t already hard enough with the passing of my mum and now having to deal with all this on top of it I’m considering going down a legal route if there is no solution very soon. I was just wondering if there is anybody on here that could help me? I would appreciate it so much

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

garetc
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 97 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I recommend you Google O2's CEO email address and write to them, we're not allowed to post email addresses on here but it's quite easy to find.

Your email will be passed to the exec complaints team who will deal with your case and manage it start to finish. It'll take them a few days to get back to you but someone will contact you back rather than having to 'chance it' with the call centre.

I'd include the video, a time line of calls including the number you called from so they can trace the calls and check which agents dealt with your calls. They'll pass any wrong-doing back to the people's management who will take appropriate action. They won't share what action is taken as that's confidential to the agent.

I hope you get tug

iPhone 15 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 11 of 19

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6325 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@ThePig 

You might not find legal action against O2 stressful and I would not find it an issue. 

But I think that it is fair to say that some might find it difficult ; particularly individuals that have never ventured down that path previously. 👍 

Message 12 of 19

Oxonian
  • 6325 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Alana_xo 

Even if you do decide to resort to the small claims' court to recover your money, I suggest that you nevertheless make a formal complaint to O2 using the information that I have already provided. Pursuing your repayment is one thing ; the disgraceful treatment that you have described is worthy of a complaint in its own right. 

Please keep us updated on developments. 👍

Message 13 of 19

Alana_xo
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Oxonian i sent O2 complaints team an email last Tuesday explained the whole situation sent photo proof and the video I was telling you guys about and still not heard anything back, I really don’t know what else I can do now 

Message 14 of 19

Alana_xo
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @garetc i sent the O2 complaints team an email last Tuesday, included photos of the timeline off calls and the video of them basically having a party in the back ground and I haven’t heard nothing back from them, I am honestly at my wits end and don’t know what else I can do now but I want that money back it was my mums rightful money she put every penny into the account so why should they keep it 

Message 15 of 19

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6784 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

O2 complaint response appears to be around 8 weeks 

That speaks volumes

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 16 of 19

garetc
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 97 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

CEO’s team or the complaints team? 

iPhone 15 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 17 of 19

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6784 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

Complaints, but I've heard various results with the CEO team

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 18 of 19

Oxonian
  • 6325 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Alana_xo wrote:

Hi @Oxonian i sent O2 complaints team an email last Tuesday explained the whole situation sent photo proof and the video I was telling you guys about and still not heard anything back, I really don’t know what else I can do now 

@Alana_xo 

As you've been informed by @Enlli, it is currently taking O2 about eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints. Hence, there isn't much more that you can do until you hear back in due course. 

Please keep us informed of developments.    

Message 19 of 19