Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 app

Magmae
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have two ‘pay as you go’ accounts with o2. For several years both numbers display on the app and I can toggle between them to check credit and top up. Today only one number is showing!

I updated the app, turned my phone on and off twice, checked both numbers were recorded by going on their website and logging in and even rang customer helpline. They took 30 mins to answer and then I had to jump through several security hoops before they would listen to my problem. Absolutely no help whatsoever! 
Will it mysteriously go back to as it was? Has anyone else had this sort of problem?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36497 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

As changes are being made to O2's back-end systems with System 360 migration and the move of Virgin Mobile customers to O2, the feature to have multiple numbers on a single MyO2 account has been temporarily removed, @Magmae - not certain when it will be reinstated at this point: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-System-Updates-360/m-p/1598402/highlight/true#M39424

Meantime, Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) shows all the ways to top-up the "missing" phone from your account. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36497 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

As changes are being made to O2's back-end systems with System 360 migration and the move of Virgin Mobile customers to O2, the feature to have multiple numbers on a single MyO2 account has been temporarily removed, @Magmae - not certain when it will be reinstated at this point: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-System-Updates-360/m-p/1598402/highlight/true#M39424

Meantime, Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) shows all the ways to top-up the "missing" phone from your account. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

Magmae
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, a clear  answer but one that fills me with dismay. Why oh why could the customer assistant I rang on the phone not know this? I asked if it was a glitch on the app and they had no idea about anything! 
Have been so confused I apologise that I posted how to get to this answer and then found out by tapping angrily. I am not in a good place! Thank you again. 

Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

We have seen a decline in the ability of some customer service agents recently @Magmae and this is just another example of it.

Despite almost none of the people in the community working for o2 (there are about 8 advisors and a couple of other managers) we seem to know more about how o2's systems work and what is going on!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

Magmae
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Very pleased folk like you are out there then for people like me!

Message 5 of 5