Did you mean: 

Number migration

RobertBobKatter
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I am just checking if this fantastic community will be able to point me in the right direction.

I am moving my number from pay monthly with 3 mobile to O2 pay as you go.

I was able to obtain my PAC code from 3 (this is valid until 19 April).

I have attempted to get my number migrated 3 times now without luck as I have received neither an email nor a text message advising me on when the porting will be completed:
- First Attempt: 22 March 2024
- Second Attempt: 26 March 2024
- Third Attempt: 1 April 2024

I have checked back on my 3 mobile account and this has now been closed, does this mean then that the number porting process in now progress?

Has anyone else run it to a similar issue and what has the resolution been in your experience?

I assume now that I would need to chase O2 for this issue, not three mobile?

Thank you all in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@RobertBobKatter 

You will need to speak to o2, and get them to liase with 3, as it sounds like 3 have done their usual and cancelled the account before the number has been migrated.. 

No ports happen on Bank Holidays so it wont have been ported or attempted on Easter Monday...

Just bear in mind it can take around 2 weeks if it needs to go to 3 to resolve.. 

Call o2 on 4445 from your o2 phone or 0344 809 0222 from any other phone...  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

RobertBobKatter
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for coming back to me @madasaf1sh and thanks @Dave-O2 for the welcome to the community. I got in contact with 3 mobile yesterday and they confirmed that the account is closed and the number is no longer with them. Contacted O2 again after being told on Friday that the port would be completed by Monday. Still nothing has been actioned it seems despite O2 themselves completing the transfer forms again. Looks like the number will bé Lost since thé PAC code will expire on thé 19th of this month. The only issue now is if I start using my new temporary number , then O2 port my old number over.

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
  • 5809 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@RobertBobKatter 

As @madasaf1sh has said above, you need to pursue O2 to make this happen. If you don't want to spend time hanging on the 'phone, you can message O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

You can also 'phone on 4445 or 0344 8090222 as a PAYG customer.

A complete schedule of how to contact O2 is in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 4 of 4