Did you mean: 

Number Porting Issue

tkkttony
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello! 

Perhaps the online community can shed some light onto my current number porting issue. I'll give you a quick rundown with notes and timelines. 

I was on Three PAYG transferring to an existing O2 PAYG. (Wanted to check if I get better signal with O2 before committing so I ordered a PAYG temp. number and I did get better signal)

Notes:

- This would be keeping my Three PAYG number to O2 PAYG.

- I am using a Samsung S22+ with both SIM cards in my slots. So I can see the status of both Three and O2 in one phone.

15:47 - 07/10 Friday: Loaded in O2 PAYG sim card, topped up and activated with an O2 temp. number.

16:06 - 07/10 Friday: Requested PAC from Three

07/10 Friday: Filed my PAC online

18:02 - 07/10 Friday: Got a confirmation text, O2 will set me up on their network on 10/10 Monday. 

09:01 - 10/10 Monday: O2 texted they're all set to move my number and it will be completed by 6 pm on Monday.

12:00 - 10/10 Monday: Three PAYG sim goes into emergency only mode.

The O2 temp. number never lost its signal.

16:00 - 10/10 Monday: Turned the phone off. 

18:05 - 10/10 Monday: Turned the phone back on and called a friend and it is still the O2 temp. number. 

Maybe the PAC is taking a while. 

Turned the phone off later in the night. 

-

07:31 - 11/10 Tuesday: Texted 2020 with "NUMBER", it gave me the temp. O2 number. 

12:07 - 11/10 Tuesday: 24 hours after I lost signal with Three on my Three PAYG sim. Texted 2020 with "NUMBER" again. Still O2 temp. number.

12:38 - 11/10 Tuesday: Called Customer Service hotline. After being transfered to 4 different representatives, Abdul from PAYG department told me Monday was just a confirmation. They will migrate today (Tuesday) between 10 am - 6 pm. That I should turn my phone off and turn it back on after 6 pm and it should be done.

13:07 - 11/10 Tuesday: Turned my phone off.

18:02 - 11/10 Tuesday: Turned my phone back on. Still O2 temp. number. 

It has been exactly two working days and my primary number has not been ported over to the O2 network. 

This is causing quite a backlog of calls I need to make and there are a growing number of inconvenience that others cannot reach me on my primary number.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions

@tkkttony 

I'll ask @O2Lisa to check in the morning for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 3

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @MI5

@tkkttonyI’ll send you a private message and I can look in to this for you 😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3