Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nano SIM card for new device

Cestrian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am getting a new phone, a Samsung A20e which takes a nano SIM card. My existing phone a Samsung J3 2016 has a standard SIM card. How do I get a nano card? I tried ringing 4445 but the signal here is so poor I need to speak to a physical person. The chat line appears closed.

I assume that being a PYG (the traditional type not the pay monthly option) customer I cannot have a booster without paying a fortune.  I als believe I cannot have wifi messaging because I don't have a monthly contract. Are both statements correct?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Cestrian 

Both statements are correct and unless you can push the middle out of your sim, you'll need to try some way of calling Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to get through seems to be
0800 587 4005

Simcard does not fit my new phone ! - The giffgaff community

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Cestrian 

Both statements are correct and unless you can push the middle out of your sim, you'll need to try some way of calling Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to get through seems to be
0800 587 4005

Simcard does not fit my new phone ! - The giffgaff community

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Cestrian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your help. How easy is to pop out the nano card? Is there a risk of damaging it?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Cestrian 

It's real easy if your sim has the perforations in it already.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4