cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My o2 phone has suddenly started charging me £1 TO £1.50 a minute for call to another phone instead

aztec
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am being charged a very high charge for my calls any reason why ?.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @aztec Are you calling an international number? or gone over your allowances? Are you on a big bundle tariff? You may not have enough credit to pay for the allowances so it’s using credit 

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143440 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What tariff are you on and what numbers are you calling?
The International bolt on has been ended so if you are now calling international on a previously discounted rate, you will be charged full price.
Costs for calling internationally can be found here http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/calling_abroad_from_uk
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @aztec If you need to know more about these high charges you could ring customer services and ask them

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It certainly seems to be that you are calling numbers outside any allowances or bolt ons that you have. If you tell us the tariff you are on and the numbers you are calling then we can advise you further.

Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @aztec, sorry to hear that you've been having higher charges. How are you doing with this, did you find out the reason? Please do let us know and also if the community could help troubleshoot further. slight_smile

Cheers guys for your helpful replies @Anonymous, @MI5@Cleoriff@jonsiethumbsup

Message 6 of 6