Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved over from Pay Monthly to PAYG

PerksOfAPixie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A few questions, live chat and the website haven't answered my questions so im hoping someone who has experience of this can help.

1) My contract was eligible for an upgrade today (3rd Feb) and was up on the 2nd March. Ive requested to keep my number, and i was surprised by how quick that was done

But even though i have the PAYG sim in here, the number is the one I wanted to keep, i can now recieve texts and calls. Im using wifi to access internet and other apps but its not letting me top up saying the number is not a payg number? They did say it would take upto 24 hours to go over. But im worried something has gone wrong? How will I know when its all complete? I had an email to say the number has been changed and updated but thats about it. Im new to all this as ive always upgraded to a newer phone

The 2nd question - 

She said the final bill will also be in 14 days but as ive now changed to payg and not used any of the new month surely I won't be charged the full contract amount? My bill goes 3rd jan- 3rd feb, then 3rd feb - 2nd march (end) so as ive technically upgraded out does that mean the contract has ended this month? I did ask but they kept copying and pasting/ reading the same script on chat and on the phone. 

Again ive asked these questions over live chat and by phone and im told the same answers which didnt even give me an answer just stayed within script being cryptic ( ie - final bill will be 14 days - okay thanks but it's not what I asked, how will i know when its all done - it should be done soon but youll have some time with the contract first - agaim cryptic wasnt given a time frame hours, days, weeks etc as thats whem the term ends)

If anyone can answer one of these that would ve great, either from personal experiences or what they know x

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@PerksOfAPixie 

You do need to give it 24 hours for the O2 systems to update. They run the updates around midnight each day.

With regard to your bill, there is a requirement to pay up to the 2nd of March as you are technically in breech of your contract, so need to pay up to the end. This may be waived by O2, but you won't know until you receive your bill.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@PerksOfAPixie 

You do need to give it 24 hours for the O2 systems to update. They run the updates around midnight each day.

With regard to your bill, there is a requirement to pay up to the 2nd of March as you are technically in breech of your contract, so need to pay up to the end. This may be waived by O2, but you won't know until you receive your bill.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

PerksOfAPixie
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the reply and for helping with my query, i had a feeling that would be the case with this bill as ive only ever upgraded to a newer phone so never needed to pay for the last month x

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Hopefully you won't have to this time either.....

Best of luck 👍

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4