Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Allowance

RM3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Exactly how many ‘unlimited’ mins are in a £5 big bundle before standard rates start to apply?
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RM3 

If you start calling premium numbers, or texting competition codes, sending MMS etc then you will exceed your allowances.

Look at this guide Guide: Your Allowances - what is and isn't included 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RM3 

If you start calling premium numbers, or texting competition codes, sending MMS etc then you will exceed your allowances.

Look at this guide Guide: Your Allowances - what is and isn't included 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@RM3

The Fair use policy doesnt specify a number, but it will be in the thousands of minutes. but be aware of the following from the terms and conditions:

You must only use our services or SIM cards for private, personal and legitimate consumer purposes. You must not use our services or SIM cards for business purposes.
What to avoid: Making calls or sending SMS messages in relation to the administration of or to promote or market a business, group or organisation or for any non-private or non-personal purpose. For example, sending bulk SMS messages to a customer base or a non-personal or non-private group distribution list or, making an excessive number of calls to a customer base or non-personal or non-private distribution list with the intent of promoting a business or service would constitute use of our services or SIM cards for business purposes, and would fall outside this Fair Usage Policy.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@RM3 

See here for what's included Guide: Your Allowances - what is and isn't included 

O2 have a fair use policy for included unlimited mins but they don't specify an amount. 
As long as you don't spend all day on the phone you'll be fine. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 15

O2Sophie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
Hi, RM3, Unlimited means unlimited, but not all numbers that you dial are free. Inclusive minutes can be used on land line numbers beginning with 0203/0207/0208, all UK based mobile networks, all numbers beginning with 0800 and 03.
Anything else is classed as a premium call. Hope this helps. slight_smile
signature
Message 5 of 15

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@O2Sophie wrote:
Hi, RM3, Unlimited means unlimited, but not all numbers that you dial are free. Inclusive minutes can be used on land line numbers beginning with 0203/0207/0208, all UK based mobile networks, all numbers beginning with 0800 and 03.
Anything else is classed as a premium call. Hope this helps. slight_smile

I think @O2Sophie  meant to say all 01 and 02 landline numbers, as i havent seen a London Specific tariff since one2one days 🙂 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 15

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
I did indeed! I somehow managed to chop off the bit with numbers starting with 01! Doh! slight_smile
signature
Message 8 of 15

RM3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for all responses, but there must be an exact number of mins within an allowance as i’ve just read in that allowances guide that it is 500 mins on a £10 big bundle, which doesn’t seem a lot and I’m asking about the £5 big bundle.
Message 9 of 15

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

All the new o2 Big Bundles come with unltd minutes and texts with data depending on which bundle you buy. So the £5 Big Bundle is unlimited minutes and texts, no data.

signature
Message 10 of 15