Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money removed from balance

AM74
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, can anyone help with this. At around 5pm today £2 was removed from my pay and go balance. I didn't send any messages or make any calls. I checked back on both and checked my notifications history and there was nothing.

Any idea what could have happened? Also what are helpline opening times for New year?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144985 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@AM74 

It's for data use.

£2 is taken as soon as any data is used and will be refunded the difference around midnight if you didn't finally use the £2 worth of data.

PAYG customer services are open 10 - 4.00 tomorrow on 4445.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

AM74
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't think so. I still have 20gb of data, rolling plan was renewed on the 28th been with O2 for almost 2 years and it has never happened before. I had a balance notification sent to me earlier, the kind you receive after sending a text but I didn't send a text or make a call. 

Message 3 of 7

AM74
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5, just checked my allowance and it says I have none and don't have a rolling plan in place. I had almost 20gb this morning and have only been using WiFi with mobile data turned off. Is this a new year glitch or something? My plan was renewed on the 28th and I have never went below 18gb remaining after a month of usage as I download any music over WiFi before leaving house. 

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144985 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

Sounds like yet another system issue @AM74 

You'll need to call O2 tomorrow on 4445.

They are available from 10am until 4.00pm on new years day.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144985 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

Unheard of, eh?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7