Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing text

Pentode
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm on Pay & Go, I have phone, phoned and complained about the number of UNWANTED marketing text messages, all to no avail AND I am now getting sick and tired of the TRASH! So-much-so I am about to ditch o2. I have tried, Complaining, Telephoning, Sending 'Stop' to 2202 AND signing in to 'My o2' There is NO marketing preference boxes to be found..... I will repeat, There is NO marketing preferences boxes to be found! Do I really have to send a PIGEON to this company? Please tell me how to stop these when I can not find the telemarketing boxes? o2 Customer Service is a complete waste of time in 'this' case! If IT can be done via this route just blasted well do it.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Pentode 

contact.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Pentode 

Take a look at this guide Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

Also, you may want to change your number. You are allowed one change free of charge

Give O2 a call on 4445  or 0344 809 0222.

Or you can message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), hopefully they should be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Pentode 

contact.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Pentode
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you MI5, I'll give it another try.....  for some reason after confirming the  security code I finally got to the 'selection' box on this attempt.

The previous attemps were tried the very same way, I got the info from  searching the Internet - the way how you described. With luck we should be OK now, thanks again. 

I gave up, it worked this time it should have worked before.

Many thanks, Dave

Message 4 of 7

Pentode
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to confirm, it was'nt spam it was o2 Telemarketing I was trying to stop. I wouldn't mind if it was once in a while I'd have tolerated that, but almost everytime I powered the phone up,  was getting very nauseating for my liking.

Thanks,  Dave

I did what MI5 said many time's before, answered the security code that o2 send..... but the 'Tick box board' for Telemarketing just wouldn't show up.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Glad you got there in the end @Pentode 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Interesting post. I had no idea so much had changed in MY O2 for PAYG.!

This morning I've had a friend who is on PAYG, send me a series of screenshots and certainly it's a lot different from when I was on PAYG.

Maybe we need to review the guide currently in use?

Thanks for the post @Pentode.

Also, with reference to a comment you made, the guide I posted for you, telemarketing IS classed as spam. (We have to try and keep guide titles as short as possible) 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7