Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inheriting account/phonenumber from parent

Riebi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm currently trying to work out how to update the account details from my parents name and dob to my name and dob. I've paid all the contracts since I turned 18 (originally had a phone + sim). Now I want to inherit the phone number and the attached smartwatch on the contract. I've tried the personal details option but it just threw me back to the help page.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Riebi 

You will need to sign up for your own contracts and get approved for them, that is credit and affordability checks, and then request to migrate the number from the old contract to the new contract, and pay off any remaining balances on the old contract. 

The watch will need to be paid off in full, and then a new airtime plan signed up for. 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Riebi 

You will need to sign up for your own contracts and get approved for them, that is credit and affordability checks, and then request to migrate the number from the old contract to the new contract, and pay off any remaining balances on the old contract. 

The watch will need to be paid off in full, and then a new airtime plan signed up for. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6656 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

You will have to take out a contract in your own name and pass the necessary credit checks.

It would then be possible to migrate the old number to the new account.

However if it is not out of minimum contract that will need paying off first.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3