Did you mean: 

How to change from Pay as You go to Pay Monthly without changing SIM card

Helmy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi!

I am in Malaysia, and want to change the Pay As you go to Pay monthly. Can I change without having to change the SIM Card, as I am afraid the card will get lost when sent here

Thank you

Regards,

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Sarah
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
Hi Helmy!

You would need a new SIM card. When you are being credit checked it Is against a UK address and this is where the sim would have to be sent.

You could look and changing your tariff if the above isn’t an option for you. This can be done on My O2.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

O2Sarah
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
Hi Helmy!

You would need a new SIM card. When you are being credit checked it Is against a UK address and this is where the sim would have to be sent.

You could look and changing your tariff if the above isn’t an option for you. This can be done on My O2.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Helmy 

The sim would have to be sent to your registered UK address and from there you could get someone to send to you via a courier for safety.

How to change here:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Switching your number from Pay As You Go to Pay Monthly

Fill in the keep my number form. You'll need your temporary Pay Monthly number from your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. We’ll transfer your number within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days.

On the day of the switch, your Pay As You Go sim will lose signal. When this happens, put your Pay Monthly sim in your phone. If you don't have signal, switch your phone off and on every couple of hours until you get a signal. If you still don't have signal by 6pm, contact us.

Texts and picture messaging can take up to 24 hours to work after the switch.

If your Pay As You Go balance is under £350, it will be transferred to your Pay Monthly account when you receive your second bill. If you're entitled to a loyalty bonus, up to £550, we'll add credit to your fourth bill.

Choice of sim only options here:

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Helmy 

Contract and PAYG sims are different and O2 will only post to a UK address.

You may be better off using a local sim and making use of Wifi until you return to the UK.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Helmy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you all for the clarifications. Will look into it

Message 5 of 5