cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change length of time phone rings on Call Alert?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to use Call Alert on my Android smartphone, rather than Voicemail, as I don't get a lot of calls, which means calling 1710.

However, when the phone is switched on the length of time the phone rings isn't very long. Can I change the length of time the phone rings to 30 seconds like with Voicemail?

😃

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Sounds like a network default time.

Maybe try customer services to see if there is anything that can only be changed on the account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous 

The same MMI code should work the same way Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

Maybe there are settings in the call forwarding menu on your phone which may be easier?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are Call Forwarding options on my Android 11 smartphone on the Phone app, and since calling 1710 they now show a number each, but there is no setting to change the length of time.

I did try the same code as Voicemail to lengthen time, but it then activates Voicemail, and I only want Call Alert.

I am beginning to wonder if the length of time the phone rings can't be altered on Call Alert, like it can with Voicemail.

Never mind, I think I will make do with the 15 second ring but if anyone knows a way of making the ring longer for Call Alert, without activating Voicemail, please let me know.

Thanks 

😃

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Sounds like a network default time.

Maybe try customer services to see if there is anything that can only be changed on the account.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

O.K Thanks @MI5  

😉

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6