Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can O2 be this bad?

PDL1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m just to repost my Trustpilot review instead of wasting more of my time. If anyone can help resolve this, I’d be grateful. Thanks.

Here it is:

I don't think it can get much worse than this. As others have said, I would give zero stars if I could.

I am with Three and wanted to change to a better service that would include roaming in the EU. I decided to get a Pay As You go sim to try the network and make sure coverage is good in my area.

It took four days for the sim to arrive, despite lots of hype about quick delivery on their website.

I tried following the instructions that came with the sim to set up an myO2 account, but there was no way to register a new account through the app. I called customer service and was told the service I wanted was actually not available (i.e., rolling contract 30gb. They said I would only get 10gb for the same price). When I replied that I was reading from O2's information that came with the sim, they told me it was not correct. Eventually they went to speak to a manager, but after waiting for a (too) long time, I needed to hang up to attend to my family.

I eventually found a way to create an account in a web browser and was able to the sim. I then topped u, which I thought would activate the rolling contract I thought I ordered when I got the sim, but which did not do that. I added my details for a rolling contract and was charged for it (albeit not the 30gb rolling contract I was told I could get) but nothing appeared in my accoun even though I did get a confirmation text. Since I was not formally on any tariff, every time I used the phone, a message appeared that I was running out of my daily allowance. I was doing virtually nothing on the phone.

I tried to change personal information in myO2 and was sent a code, but there was nowhere to enter the code (I have screenshots of a text telling me to enter a code, but no space for that). I tried multiple times in different browsers and in the app, but nowhere could I enter the code. Then I get a message that they will not send out more codes, presumable because I had requested too many, so I called customer service. I answered several automated questions and was told they were connecting me to the right department, only to be disconnected on two occasions. I tried online chat, but there was no option for Pay As You Go. I selected monthly in the options just so I could find out what I needed to do. After a long wait, I was told they can't help and that I needed to call in even though I told them that I was being disconnected each time.

I tried calling again from my phone and was automatically transferred to monthly contracts. The lady told me she could not help me with anything because the Pay As You Go system was being upgraded and she could not transfer me to the correct department. She told me to wait two hours and to call back later. I tried after three hours and a new person told me to call back in four hours.

It's a hopeless company. I wish I had never had anything to do them. Three, which is known to have consistently poor customer service, is a dream by comparison. I now need to call O2 again, but dread it since I can almost be guaranteed that they will waste more of time and resolve nothing.

What do I want?

1.Refund of the top up money that was added.
2. Refund of rolling contract money since that was never available to me.
3. Delete my account from the system.

Update 1. I talked to a lady who was going to get my refund authorised by her supervisor (£20! Clearly employees are not trusted to authorise even the most minor refunds).I have now been waiting for over an hour. I suspect I will be disconnected when the call centre closes in 30 minutes.

Update 2. As expected, at 8:59pm I heard a voice and then the call was disconnected. I was on hold for 1 hour and 30 minutes. How pathetic. Now I have to start over again tomorrow. No accountability and no shame.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

There used to be some (very) helpful o2 agents on the community.

Unfortunately they were withdrawn over the summer.

Contacting customer services is now your only option to get this resolved...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@PDL1 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Mark60
  • 53 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Account related question? Again? 

Message 3 of 9

PDL1
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure if I'm following...

Message 4 of 9

PDL1
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5.

I'm very reluctant to sign up to third part social media platforms to get my issues with O2 resolved,  even if I understand that might help.   I think I imagined that O2 representatives are at least sometimes participating in this forum,  and that there might be some way to get help through here. I'll try to call again and hope that it might be different, but at the moment I have no hope. 

Message 5 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

There used to be some (very) helpful o2 agents on the community.

Unfortunately they were withdrawn over the summer.

Contacting customer services is now your only option to get this resolved...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5687 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@PDL1 

You do have the option of lodging a formal complain with O2, but this should be treated as a last resort as there is a eight-week turnaround time for complaints and it might be difficult to get Customer Services to engage with you in the interim. If you do decide to complain :-

Store locator | O2 UK | Find Your Nearest O2 Store

https://stores.o2.co.uk/

o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

You might want to consider Resolver in the first link above. They have a reputation for facilitating satisfactory outcomes.    

Message 7 of 9

Anna40
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have issue with them too and you know what? I didn't know they work with Virgin Media which is the first company I had issues with. The customer service is just really inexistent, the webchat never available. if you go to the shopping they only sell. All very clever and doggy! I was paying £8 including vat and decided to add 2 more services in one bill as they promoted (Amazon prime and Disney +) priced respectively £8.99 and £7.99 including VAT. They also promote that if you add those 2 I would have a £2 discount on the total bill. This would make a bill of £23 correct? well no! they charged me £33.91 which way more than I would pay if I pay the 3 serviced separately and you know why? they added a mysterious VAT which should be already in each price! veeeery doggy! 

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5687 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Anna40 

You will need to contact Customer Services to resolve your issue. This is a customer to customer forum so we cannot access individual accounts. Details of how to do this can be found in @MI5's post above or in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 9 of 9