Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

GBH1962
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

o2 changed my classic payg to another tariff with out my permission and now won't change it back of course more to this story 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

We are all customers here so can't access accounts.

Did you speak to O2 recently before the change?

What tariff are you on now?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 3 of 9

Enlli
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Call 4445 or 0344 8090222 for PAYG Queries 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@GBH1962 

Classic PAYG is something of a "grey" area with O2 ; it is an obsolete tariff and they seem keen to move customers away from it. 

I had a classic PAYG SIM. Knowing that for one month I would be using it more than usual, I bought a "Big Bundle". What I did not appreciate and what was not made clear to me was that this purchase made it a "Big Bundle" SIM. And I could then only use it as a "Big Bundle" SIM, with no option to revert to classic PAYG. 

Did you do anything such as buying a "Big Bundle" ? I actually believe that O2 will eventually discontinue PAYG, and edging customers away from classic PAYG seems to be a first step in this.   

Message 5 of 9

GBH1962
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had to speak to them as they cut my phone number off and they restored my number with a new tariff unknown to me

Message 6 of 9

GBH1962
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well it's not great if they just cut you off without warning 

Message 7 of 9

Enlli
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Question would be, before you were cut off when did you make a CHARGEABLE CALL.?

When did you last top up previous to this time?

Sounds like you were cut off for none use.

Whatever the cause you are simply not going to get the classic tariff back.

I

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@GBH1962 wrote:

Well it's not great if they just cut you off without warning 

Agreed. But that seems to be O2's modus operandi at the moment as others on this forum will testify. 

Why didn't you tell us in your original post that you had been disconnected ? It does explain why you've been removed from classic PAYG, although as @Enlli has suggested, we don't yet know the reason why you were cut-off.   

Message 9 of 9