Did you mean: 

Getting a replacement SIM During Covid-19 Crisis

mr_andyroo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello all,

I work essensial services and i have had to recently replace my phone. The sim card in my old phone is not compatable with my new phone and i have had trouble contacting O2 through regular means.

Getting a replacement SIM via O2 seems imposible.

1. I DO NOT want a contract but every time i phone customer services and go through the process, all i get at the end is "Sorry we can not help at this time"

2. Looking for answers on the web site directs me to phoning Customer services

3. Chat services are down, dispite this is the sort of job that could be completed via a computer or phone at home. Indeed i have see someone reply to a post less than 30 minutes ago FROM O2.

4. Because i work in essensial serivces, and i have a elderly mother i MUST have access to my mobile at all times and i can no longer rely on my old phone for services.

5. The one time i got through to a customer services advisor, was on Saturday and as soon as i mentioned Pay as you go, she said i must wait for monday when some one can help you.

I am sorry if this sounds like a rant, i am just frustrated and for me i have only a few days where i will have go through the process of carrying two phones just to get the services i require. I really don't want to do this.

Any help i can get will be appriciated, but please be aware of the things i have done above before i have had to do this.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mr_andyroo
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have managed to get through to a customer services rep (By stating i want to upgrade) and the solution to my problem is this: Go into a supermarket, buy a Cheep SIM card there and do a SIM swap.

Not the most elagant solution but during this crisis the best i can hope for.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@mr_andyroo 

There are numerous numbers for O2 in this guide. Use any or all of them. Press ANY option to get through

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you checked if your sim can be pressed out?

The only way to contact them is using the numbers we have in the link @mr_andyroo 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

sim card.jpg

Message 3 of 11

mr_andyroo
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have only managed to get through once, and as soon as i mentioned pay as you go, i got told i had to wait until today to contact them today. I have tried 4 times already today on different options.

Message 4 of 11

mr_andyroo
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

When i got the SIM many moons ago, the sim i got was an micro not a nano. This is why i need a replacement.

Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

mr_andyroo
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have managed to get through to a customer services rep (By stating i want to upgrade) and the solution to my problem is this: Go into a supermarket, buy a Cheep SIM card there and do a SIM swap.

Not the most elagant solution but during this crisis the best i can hope for.

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pleased you got through anyway @mr_andyroo 

Just shows it can be done if you circumvent the system yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

mr_andyroo
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I did and I have to use a bit of deception to get through but I DID get throught this time. Thank you for the encouragement.
Message 10 of 11