Did you mean: 

Fraud

Supermeg-90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

So yesterday I accidently seemed to have been scammed. There is a phone being sent to me tomorrow... do I accept it and return it to O2 or say no to the delivery? I reported the scam to O2 and changed my password immediately since 

my tariff has changed so to be safe I changed my password again. Do I need to contact O2 again to say the tariff has changed? No money has left my bank account yet.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Supermeg-90 

Yes, you need to get back to O2 to correct the issue.

How to report it here including action fraud website https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice 

You also need to inform your bank asap and change any other passwords shared with the one for your MyO2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Supermeg-90 

Yes, you need to get back to O2 to correct the issue.

How to report it here including action fraud website https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice 

You also need to inform your bank asap and change any other passwords shared with the one for your MyO2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2