Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused

nxf
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am very ignorant. I don't know anything about phones. I Have just bought a Google Pixel 4XL and moved the sim card from my old Samsung phone to this one. The new phone seems to work fine, however when I go into My o2 the old phone still shows. How do I change this to my new phone. I tried deleting that device and then entering my phone number but it still shows old phone.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@nxf 

You can't change the device details yourself.

They "should" update automatically eventually but it makes no difference in reality.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@nxf 

You can't change the device details yourself.

They "should" update automatically eventually but it makes no difference in reality.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

nxf
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for instant reply. I was hoping to set up Wifi calling as the signal at my house is less than 1 bar. My old phone does not allow this but o2 says Pixel 4XL can have Wifi calling but to setup I need to go to Device details and tap Wifi and 4G Calling. This does not show up so I'm guessing it's because my old phone does not support this?

This is the reason I was trying to update my phone details.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No wifi calling on PAYG @nxf 

Sorry.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

nxf
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, do you know if this will this be the same with other phones?

Message 5 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@nxf 

Same on all phones on PAYG, it just isn't something o2 offer to PAYG users

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 11

nxf
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for all your replies. As we struggle to get land line here (were on the oldest exchange in the country) no fibre, 6MB on a good day I rely on whatsApp but wanted to use a mobile for incoming texts/calls that are none whatsapp. I can't justify having a contract for the few calls I receive.

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@nxf 

It's just not available on PAYG with O2 at all.......

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@nxf 

You can get a monthly sim only for £10 a month which is what the cheapest PAYG bundle is now too 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P24M

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

nxf
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, After quick search SimSherpa state 1pMobile are the best PAGY network to offer WIFI calling and almost identical to EE, I will investigate further!!

simsherpa 

Message 10 of 11