Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed from pay monthly to PAYG issues

PerksOfAPixie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I changed from pay monthly to payg on Thursday and she said it would take 24 hours to switch due to wanting to keep my number.

Thursday and Friday my phone was on emergency calls only and i was using wifi to use apps which i knew would be the case. Since then im now able to receive calls and text (thank god as i need them for work) but i can't top up. I contacted o2 by phone and they said the bundle i ordered for the sim is on the screen and i should be able to top up.

When i do so i keep getting a message to say - We couldn’t process your payment

Sorry, it’s not been possible to take your payment. Your phone has not been topped up. Please try again or use another card. If the problem continues you’ll need to contact your bank

So i tried my credit card and my partners card ( 3 cards in total all different banking companies) i then contacted my bank and they confirmed  theres no block and the issue is with them. But they're not taking any fault saying there's no issue. Has anyone experienced this? Is this part of the change over? As always, customer service always dodge my actual question (exactly like my last issue hence asking on here a few days ago). I was expecting this to be sorted at least 48 hours and they did state 24 and they even said it would be a hassle free change over but its been nothing but hassle.. Thank you in advance x

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@PerksOfAPixie 

Sounds like you will need to use a top up voucher for your first top up to kick it into life.

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@PerksOfAPixie 

Sounds like you will need to use a top up voucher for your first top up to kick it into life.

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2