cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed from monthly topup to auto topup per month on 02 Payasyougo. Now get additional charges!

Landsicksailor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I changed from £10 topup to monthly auto £10 payasyougo.

I never got charged any extra costs per month upto this change.

Now i get charged for some calls which i didnt before - Additional £6, approx, since September.

While i live in County Down, I often am forced to switch to an Ireland/EU network supplier while walking around my house as O2(UK) doesnt work well in my area. This was never an issue until i changed to auto top-up.

Why is happening as otherwise i need to changed supplier?

thanks.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Landsicksailor 

Changing to auto topup wouldnt affect anything...

What calls are you been charged for ? Is it calls to the Republic or is for standard UK calls.??

Daft question if o2 doesnt work in your area, why haven't you moved to a network that does work...

It might be worth a call to customer services on 0344 809 0222 or 4445 from your o2 phone, and see if they can see anything

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Landsicksailor 

Changing to auto topup wouldnt affect anything...

What calls are you been charged for ? Is it calls to the Republic or is for standard UK calls.??

Daft question if o2 doesnt work in your area, why haven't you moved to a network that does work...

It might be worth a call to customer services on 0344 809 0222 or 4445 from your o2 phone, and see if they can see anything

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Landsicksailor 

If you do consider changing network, I suggest that you get a PAYG SIM for each of the three other major networks and see what works best in the places that you frequent. if you do not experiment in this way, you might leave O2 and go to a network that is equally unsuitable for your needs.  

Message 3 of 5

Landsicksailor
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. Was trying to find customer services online as gave up waiting.

Tried all the providers, we are on the foot of the Mourne in County Down. NI. We just have poor coverage and very often it will switch to an Irish (ROI) network. I switched to a ROI provider but have the same problem but other way round.

Incidently, this was one of the few areas in UK exempt from tv licences as no terrestrial network could reach us, passed in Westminster at the time. Now we have streaming and satellite I don't this is still valid. Let's hope Musks new communication satellites will be cheap enough.

Thank you all, will try the numbers provided sitting in a comfortable chair and a big mug of coffee to get bye.

Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Given the coverage issue, perhaps try setting the connection manually rather than leave as automatic?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5