Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make or receive calls in europe.

paul113
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I cannot make or receive calls. When I try to make a call  it does not connect and just says call ended. When someone tries to call me  the phone does not ring and the caller only gets my voicemail. I cannot send texts the only messages that come through are from O2. I have a big bundle active. Everything was working fine  3 days ago and yesterday all this started. I seen many posts on this site about this problem and I have tried all the solutions I found on here to no avail. I have used a phone on a different network to call O2 customer support. I have called them many times and no help. Each person I have spoken to has said there are no roaming restrictions on my account and it should be working. One said there is a problem with the networks here and their engineers are working on it. Another said there is nothing wrong. Another said just wait an hour.

Can someone please help or suggest something!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Have you tried manually selecting different networks? 

As PAYG you have no access to 4G calling and your phone switches down to 3G. The problem is networks have either closed 3G or in the process of doing so. Technically you phone should drop to 2G, but it doesn't always happen.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

paul113
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried manually selecting all the available networks, didn't work. Everything was fine until yesterday. Now I can only receive messages from O2. 

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Interesting that it's obviously connecting to receive a message.

Unfortunately, unless another member on here has an idea, it's referring you back to O2 as we do not have O2 staff here to assist.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

paul113
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately O2 have not been any help. They have said there are no restrictions on my account but the last time I spoke to them I was just told to wait an hour. 

Message 5 of 5